Friday, April 19, 2013

Henri who?!

Nearly 40 years ago, I was at college in Leicester studying graphic design, our group went on an outing to that citys New Walk Museum, on that visit, there was an exhibition of Henri Matisse works, whilst looking at one of the line drawings, the art lecturer looked over my shoulder and said "well Paul, what do you think of that Matisse work, the simplicity and beauty of the lines?", "rubbish" was my reply! To this he replied in anger "if you think like that of such a great work of art, you'll end up being a ditch digger"
Well, Mr Wisbech, after all this time, here's proof above that you were right, a ditch I've just dug in preparation of the new house patio border foundation! Only another couple of weeks and it should be completed, the patio that is, not the ditch.
Whilst I was doing that work, I got the feeling I was being watched, maybe I was just making a bit too much noise and was disturbing her egg laying! 

1 comment:

  1. After visiting the Matisse Museum in Nice last fall, I have to agree with you! Some of his work was just a little too "simple" for me!
    I enjoy your blog, and noticed the simple lines and elegance of your ditch digging efforts.

    ReplyDelete